Re: 13: My Personal Experience, Healing Multiple Sclerosis

Never Get Cancer - Free Report

More
More
patrizia Views: 12,866
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 67,156

Re: 13: My Personal Experience, Healing Multiple Sclerosis

"This has been a whole new experience for me. I have learned that MS is more than a disease -- it is an opportunity for us to learn some important lessons we might never learn without its presence in our lives."

Karlen Gunderson

Wow! Karlen, this is precisely what I believe and what I've been telling people since being diagnosed with relapsing MS six months ago. I am 52. I do think that thirty years ago my body showed it's first MS symptoms. In those days, though, I was diagnosed (misdiagnosed) with bipolar II disorder.

Born-again Christians who believe in healing tell me I must denounce the MS. However, I embrace MS. I don't waste my energy "fighting" it. MS is leading me on a spiritual journey rich with valuable insights and with discoveries of monumental magnitude. I foresee myself becoming much healthier than I every would have become without the MS diagnosis.

I'm not spiritual in a traditional sort of way. I do believe that if when I'm able to silence myself, to quiet myself, I can hear a guiding voice, some call it the voice of the divine.

That voice tells me I have to be proactive: I have to involve myself in the process of healing by surrounding myself with positive people and positive situations, to make my body as strong as it was meant to be, to seek and find information shared by intelligent people.

To make my body strong, I do rest whenever my body asks for it, just as you suggest, Karlen. I've decided I need all the supplements you list, as well as a few others. I haven't quite figured out how to do this relying on social security disability. But I am commited to doing everything that voice inside me tells me I need to do.

During the past six months I've known about my MS, I discovered the writings of Ashton Embry and a few others. Dr. Embry describes the body's need to eat paleolithically, as did the hunter-gatherers. He includes the low saturared fat component you follow, Karlen, and many of the supplements you take. My gut feeling is that what he has found, scientifically, about genetic food sensitivites is a HUGE part of the MS answer for me. I now follow the "MS version" of the hunter-gatherer diet.

To anyone interested, I'm happy to share the information I've found about the paleo diet and MS and to share a some recipes that make the diet more than palatable.

I also welcome the opportunity to correspond by email with anyone who follows a paleo diet to gain strength from MS, or from other autoimmune/neurological diseases.

Connecting with others on the same journey is such a powerful "reward". Thank you, Karlen.

Sincerely,

Patrizia
Kalamazoo MI US

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.264 sec, (2)