CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The lovely and talented 45525!!

Views: 2,694
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 676,129

Re: The lovely and talented 45525!!

Hello Janaki,
Namaste!
I am an Indian male 29 yrs old and have been battling with Acne for more than 2 years now. It gets worse sometimes and sometimes it is not so bad. Its like a mystery to me. I am totally vegetarian, but do consume milk sometimes. Also use ghee in my cooking. I also visited an Ayurvedic practitioner and he recommended a restricted diet of mung daal and rice, seasoned with just a little black pepper, cumin and fennel seeds. I tried that for several weeks but didnt see dramatic PROGRESSIVE improvement. It would get better than bad -nothing to suggest it was really working. The Ayurvedic guy just kept making me believe that it was working and he wouldnt suggest ANY herbs at all. I stopped going to him.
HOwever, my Acne around my jaw lines is almost completely gone. I am now left with a few spots of bumps around my forehead and temple areas and few scars on my cheeks. I am wondering what would be the magic ticket. Currently, my diet is rice, roti, veggies and dried fruits. Also fresh ripe mangoes! I wake up in the morning and drink 4 glasses of water and then breakfast of about 20 almonds ( which have been soaked overnight and peeled) and 4 figs ( also soaked overnight). I also eat a handful of pumpkin seeds ( for the Zinc which helps fight inflammation and improves immune power). Lunch is usually khichri with rice and moong dal, with some veggies thrown in. Spices with cinnamon, cardamom, clove, bay leaf, cumin, turmeric, fennel and Sea Salt . Dinner consists of veggies plus daal and roti. Do you think I need to make any changes? Veggies that I eat are asparagus, green beans, yellow squash, okra, green bell pepper, peas, potato, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots. I dont eat tomatoes since the ayurvedic guy told me not to - also Andreas had said to avoid them. As I understand it, Acne is a pitta disorder. So a pitta pacifying diet is called for. A tea of cumin, coriander seeds and fennel seeds is said to be pitta pacifying - have you heard of it? I tried it 3-4 months ago, but cant say if it helped - may have to be combined with a pitta pacifying diet as well. I also try to meditate, but dont get time to do so too often. Also have trouble keeping random thoughts away while meditating. I had been doing pranayam before meeting the ayurvedic guy, but he recommended stopping it, since he said it increased the metabolic rate, and I was trying to gain weight after my crazy fasts had lead to an emaciated state!
Sometimes, I just run my finger around my nose and forehead and cheeks and find that if I squeeze a little, then stuff comes out - I think its sebum, but not sure. SOmetimes it feels like little crystals, othertimes it is more soft. Perhaps these are whiteheads. Do you know what I am talking about? When the acne is worse this stuff also comes out a lot. Earlier my nose used to be the area where this came out the most. I havent had acne on the nose for the last several months, but this sebum like stuff did come out. However, of late the nose seems very smooth. Except couple of days ago, I ate a lot of sweets and spicy oily food and yesterday it seemed to get bumpy and inflammed. One day back on my khichri and mild veggies has brought it back to a more smooth texture.. It all seems to make sense - mild, bland, food keeps the skin calm. I am now going to use only ghee for cooking purposes - no oil.. ghee has a cleansing action -right?
But even with all these, it seems like I am still missing the magic bullet -there is something that I need to eat or avoid to get the glowing skin back which I had when I was a child. do you have any suggestions?
Sorry for this long winding and rambling sort of message! and thanks for reading thus far!
Om Shanti Om

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.441 sec, (2)