CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How to deal with slander and manipulation?

Free Clark DVD!
An amazing video about the Clark protocol that will open your eyes! An...

More
  Views: 6,309
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 670,369

Re: How to deal with slander and manipulation?

I am angry, and I can identify the drama cycle that would continue if I acted on my anger by confronting my parents again.

I also realize that confronting them would in a way be trying to convince them that I am right, which in a way would be seeking their approval, which would give them power and credibility over the situation.

I am all for "getting over it", but the term forgiveness to me involves saying that what they did was ok, plus it encourages more bad behavior. Perhaps my definition of forgiveness is different than yours.

When a dog attacks is it better to play dead and submit, hoping it will just go away, time and time again? Or perhaps it is better to strike back and yell out so it learns that there will be consequences for attacking the person and it will learn not to repeat the behavior.

The feeling of disempowerment is one of the worst and unhealthiest things I have experienced, and I don't hold much sympathy for those who cause it in others. They deserve what they get in return. That sounds negative, and may be my cynical side showing through (which I am trying to change), but chosing to be a doormat is definitely not the answer.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)