CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: carena.............

kathryn101 Views: 1,836
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 66,986

Re: carena.............

carena...Why would you want to sleep more than 8 hours??? At 8 hours, you're already
sleeping your life away! :-/ I have severe insomnia...and sleep literally about
3 to 4 hours a night, and I go like a house afire all day. Now, my insomnia started
when my mom passed away...and she was 79...but it was still..and still is...a blow.
So I'm just not sleeping good yet...and it's been 2 1/2 years.

I think if you will work out...walking is best in my book...you will sleep more
sound...and wake up rested after less sleep. I actually DO wake up fairly rested
almost every day. SOME DAYS I say I feel like I've been run down by a pick up truck... :-) but most days...I feel pretty doggone good for a senior citizen. :-)

EIGHT hours sleep should be plenty for ANYONE and too much for most of us!!!
So that's my thought on the sleep issue.

Eating less and making your body think it's starving...yes, that can happen...but
you're not going to do that...you're going to stretch the right amount of food
throughout the day. Have a healthy...lite breakfast...light lunch...and a healthy
supper. Snacks mid morning and afternoon if you need them. My favorite quick snack is just 4 or 5 walnut halves....or a small handfull of almonds...that gives
me a quick lift. We also like a few slices of apple with a very light spreading
of peanut butter on them....that also gives us a lift. Or just 1/2 banana.

Drinking plenty of good distilled water is just good for you period. Drink 1/2 your
body weight in water each day...for instance if you weigh 120...drink 60 ounces of
water, etc. It will help control your appetite...I like to squeeze the juice of
a lemon in it a couple of times a day...I'm really not that crazy about water...but
I know it's good for me. So I drink it anyway. It isn't good to drink water or
anything else with meals...it interfers with digestion. But water...Yes...it's just good for the whole body.

Now on swimming...I assume you love swimming...because that's not the 'best' exercise...nor is it the easiest to do every day...because to SWIM...you need to
find a body of WATER. :-) Walking is the absolute best thing for your body...
it works every inch of your body...and you can walk ANYWHERE...even in your motel
room at night...just walk in place to tv...radio...or just sing to yourself and
walk. :-)
Did I tell you how to determine how far you're walking? Look at a second hand and
walk 120 steps in one minute....that's the equivilant of walking at 3 mph...so
walking at about that pace for about 20 minutes...would be the same as walking 1 mile in twenty minutes. You don't have to be exact....but that will give you
something to work towards. That's a fairly fast clip...but won't take your
breath away.
Hope some of this helps. kathryn

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.531 sec, (2)