CureZone   Log On   Join
marriage?

Views: 1,469
Published: 15 years ago

marriage?

I've finally met someone that I want to marry. We have been together for over 2 years now. We come from very different family situations. His mother died when he was about 12 and his parents were never married. He's Jamaican and I currently live in Jamaica. Many people here have childen and never get married. His father has many children from different women.

I come from a very close family and my parents have been married over 40 years. My aunts and uncles are all married and my sister is married... basically my family strongly believes in marriage. My friends in the states are all married.

Soooo.... I asked him when we only were dating a couple of months how he felt about marriage because I don't want to waste any more time. He said he wasn't ruling it out. Well 2 years later we are at a stalemate.

He says we can say we are married but doesn't see the point of marriage. He has bascially not had an experience with a successful marriage around him. He says what's the point??? He doesn't feel it's necessary.

Before I came to Jamaica I never thought about not getting married but always planned to get married then have children. I was asked for the first time "why get married?" I wasn't even sure how to answer that b/c it was just what you do.

We just made an offer on a house which is a big committment. How do I convince him that marriage is not bad? Or should I not try to convince and leave????

Any advice would be appreciated?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

1.250 sec, (1)