CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I don't like BF's playboy friend! What to do

Paulista Views: 1,647
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 668,586

Re: I don't like BF's playboy friend! What to do

I am 44. I usually relate better to people who have something in common with me, age wise, interest-wise, etc. I have nothing in common with this hippie/punk looking kid (he's 28 but acts like a 18 year old).

I know I am being elitist, but don't you think that at my age I have the right to hang out with people I like and feel good with?

My fiance says doesn't see age differences, that he likes to be friends with people of all ages. I understand that, but although I treat my daughter's teenage friends very well and like to talk to them, that doesn't mean I want to always socialize with them!

What bothers me most is that if someone were rude to my BF, I would not like this person anymore. This guy was rude to me, and my BF continues to defend him. I am trying to be reasonable and not preventing him from seeing and talking to this guy, but hey, I do not want to see this guy. Anyone who interfers with my relationship or makes my BF treat me badly I will resent. When his mother met me she badmouthed me to him and influenced him. I later forgave her and she treated me better with time, but I will never forget.

Anyhow, it seems like a minor problem, but I would not be frieds with anyone who made my BF uncomfortable.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.375 sec, (1)