CureZone   Log On   Join
stupid doctors and the FEW good ones..

J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROWíSģLugolís Iodine Solut...

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

More
More
  Views: 1,336
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 66,529

stupid doctors and the FEW good ones..

Well, Allie.. it sounds like you have the same kind of Nightmare Doctor that I have had many of in the past. The kind who have already made up their minds about what you do, and do not have, before you even finish telling them your symptoms. The kind that are convinced that since they are the doctors, they have the right to roll their eyes and not take anything you say seriously. My mother was 'on the low side of normal' with her thyroid tests for about 15 years. During this time she was miserable, had all the symptoms, and went to so many doctors begging them for treatment. They would give her every medication they could think of EXCEPT the thyroid! They simply refused to believe that she needed it since she was 'within' the normal range. Well, just last year, lo and behold, she moved to a new city, got a new doctor, and he says 'Why in the world have you not been taking thyroid hormone? You clearly need it'. Indeed she did.. most of her symptoms have abated, and the ones that have not are due to the fact that she could not get treated for so long.

If you don't have insurance, save your money. Ask friends, and ASK NURSES. Nurses are the ones who really see behind the doctor's door, and they will have more of an idea who's good and who is not. If you don't know a nurse, find someone who knows someone whose former roomate dated one!! Finding a good doctor is so hard to do, but it's a life and death situation. I have been to over 100 doctors in my short lifetime, and only 3 have been worth their salt. I found 2 by complete acccident and one by referral from a friend. If it quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Don't let someone base their diagnosis SOLELY on a blood test, because they do not have a normal number-- they have a normal RANGE and that range is very broad, designed to generalize the population. Well, we are all so different that one person's 'normal' can be at the top of that range, but if they test at the bottom (low, for them) the doc will still claim they are 'normal'. Keep looking, keep persevering.

Also, I have found that lifting weights makes me feel better about myself and also gives me more energy. I can't say I lose weight or that my metabolism speeds up.. but it is definitely a good thing. I am not a big fan of the pink vinyl dumbbells most people get.. I have weak wrists and prefer a long metal 'curl' bar. I use the dumbbells for the backs of my arms but the bar for most other things. They aren't too expensive, especially at a used sporting goods store.

-S

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.516 sec, (2)