CureZone   Log On   Join
I am Ex free now, if you have children pls read!

cananyonehelpme Views: 2,490
Published: 17 years ago

I am Ex free now, if you have children pls read!

Hi there - I have replied to several people/strings on here (as a result of their posts requesting help) about how I control & get rid of my own eczema when it flares up, and shared my experience of the dreaded 'it' for over 30 years now.

I used to practice (RGN) as a School Matron to children aged 7-14, and obviously took specific interest in their Ex suffering and feel I have some knowledge to share....

As I keep saying the same thing - I thought I'd better make a general post!

One which I hope may be helpful, especially to those with children, or those feeling desperate. I read so many of them - and am hoping I can help.....

As a child I was 'stuck to the sheets' - and as an adult I've seen every type of contact, atopic etc.

So here goes, and i'll try to be brief (well, maybe I can't be!):

EX AROUND MOUTH, AND ON FACE:
Chap-stick, lip-salve - whatever you call it. It stops it. I have never seen a 'face' case not cured/prevented with 24/7 chap-stick. I do wholly support and commend the holistic views here at CureZone that communicate the need to attack/find/clean the source of this - but if you've got it, it hurts, and this treatment cures the symptoms while you can sort out any other prob u think there may be.

CLEANING & CHEMICALS (if it's you, instead of your child)
- dishwasher, ESSENTIAL
- touching foods (you know..when you are cutting them up etc) makes it flare up, i only touch foods with the tips of my fingers - and always wash hands and moisturise immediately after in case something has been on my skin
- I only touch a cloth with tips of my fingers (makes for lady-like housework! lol) as it's loaded with chemicals and bacteria etc. Use a spray on, shower off option wherever I can. Use Bounty or suchlike for clearing up mess so my hands don't touch any wet substance.

MISC
- only cotton sheets/clothes, washed in non-bio (you'll all know this already!)
- important to bathe often and dry well. Always sleep with clean skin that's moisturised (I use Balneum, its FANTASTIC - it's mostly Soya Oil if you can't get it in your country)
- a chap-stick (lypsyl is good) is so soothing and gets rid of those angry bumps - i know it sounds crazy, I can't repeat this enough!
- no cosmetic stuff on face or body, OR IN THE BATH, (no petroleum jelly, witchhazel, baby lotions, tee-tree etc OUCH!) In my experience it all exaccerbates
- Chamomile (THIS IS WHAT HEALED ME) heads can be bought (they are dried) thrown into a bath or u can make a tea with it and apply that, its amazing. After that point Almond oil for moisturising.

FOODS
I find yeast (bread), fruit juice, cider, tomatoes, lemons, avocados, & white wine all contribute to a flare up. And that includes touching them. (for children - mud from the garden irritates quite quickly - then you are in a scratching circle)

CHILDREN
Of course most of the above is suitable - but PLEASE try Chamomile and chap-stick......I do wish my parents had! If kids go to bed bathed and moisturised with a plain oil (almond?) they
will have a safe&blood free night. Do feel free to email me if you need more info about how I use Chamomile.

Anyway - i have gone on long enough. But this is how I am Ex free, and how the dormitory of children I looked after for years are Ex free -and if any is rearing it's ugly head how we get rid of it.

By the way: SODA BREAD HAS NO YEAST AND IS DELICIOUS!!!

I hope this didn't sound like a sermon - I read so many parent posts desperate for help here - and I've seen great results myself with Chamomile. Gosh - I might sound evangelical! And I have to add - I'm a housewife now, not a Matron anymore (I don't/have NEVER sold Chamomile products or anything silly like that:)

Good night all, and i'm not going to say 'dont scratch' as that's the nature of it!

Amanda

If there's more i can add to help any parents out there - please feel free to use and abuse me! ..........(amanda - at - sliceinteractive - dot - co - dot - uk) you are welcome to email me anytime :)

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

Hi there - I have replied to several people/strings on here (as a result of their posts requesting help) about how I control & get rid of my own eczema when it flares up, and shared my experience of the dreaded 'it' for over 30 years now.

I used to practice (RGN) as a School Matron to children aged 7-14, and obviously took specific interest in their Ex suffering and feel I have some knowledge to share....

As I keep saying the same thing - I thought I'd better make a general post!

One which I hope may be helpful, especially to those with children, or those feeling desperate. I read so many of them - and am hoping I can help.....

As a child I was 'stuck to the sheets' - and as an adult I've seen every type of contact, atopic etc.

So here goes, and i'll try to be brief (well, maybe I can't be!):

EX AROUND MOUTH, AND ON FACE:
Chap-stick, lip-salve - whatever you call it. It stops it. I have never seen a 'face' case not cured/prevented with 24/7 chap-stick. I do wholly support and commend the holistic views here at CureZone that communicate the need to attack/find/clean the source of this - but if you've got it, it hurts, and this treatment cures the symptoms while you can sort out any other prob u think there may be.

CLEANING & CHEMICALS (if it's you, instead of your child)
- dishwasher, ESSENTIAL
- touching foods (you know..when you are cutting them up etc) makes it flare up, i only touch foods with the tips of my fingers - and always wash hands and moisturise immediately after in case something has been on my skin
- I only touch a cloth with tips of my fingers (makes for lady-like housework! lol) as it's loaded with chemicals and bacteria etc. Use a spray on, shower off option wherever I can. Use Bounty or suchlike for clearing up mess so my hands don't touch any wet substance.

MISC
- only cotton sheets/clothes, washed in non-bio (you'll all know this already!)
- important to bathe often and dry well. Always sleep with clean skin that's moisturised (I use Balneum, its FANTASTIC - it's mostly Soya Oil if you can't get it in your country)
- a chap-stick (lypsyl is good) is so soothing and gets rid of those angry bumps - i know it sounds crazy, I can't repeat this enough!
- no cosmetic stuff on face or body, OR IN THE BATH, (no petroleum jelly, witchhazel, baby lotions, tee-tree etc OUCH!) In my experience it all exaccerbates
- Chamomile (THIS IS WHAT HEALED ME) heads can be bought (they are dried) thrown into a bath or u can make a tea with it and apply that, its amazing. After that point Almond oil for moisturising.

FOODS
I find yeast (bread), fruit juice, cider, tomatoes, lemons, avocados, & white wine all contribute to a flare up. And that includes touching them. (for children - mud from the garden irritates quite quickly - then you are in a scratching circle)

CHILDREN
Of course most of the above is suitable - but PLEASE try Chamomile and chap-stick......I do wish my parents had! If kids go to bed bathed and moisturised with a plain oil (almond?) they
will have a safe&blood free night. Do feel free to email me if you need more info about how I use Chamomile.

Anyway - i have gone on long enough. But this is how I am Ex free, and how the dormitory of children I looked after for years are Ex free -and if any is rearing it's ugly head how we get rid of it.

By the way: SODA BREAD HAS NO YEAST AND IS DELICIOUS!!!

I hope this didn't sound like a sermon - I read so many parent posts desperate for help here - and I've seen great results myself with Chamomile. Gosh - I might sound evangelical! And I have to add - I'm a housewife - I dont sell Chamomile prodcuts :)

Good night all, and i'm not going to say 'dont scratch' as that's the nature of it!

Amanda

If there's more i can add for any parents out there - please feel free to use and abuse me ..........(amanda - at - sliceinteractive - dot - co - dot - uk) you are welcome to email me anytime :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.500 sec, (5)