CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fermented Cabbage juice

Zakefir Views: 3,208
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 661,065

Re: Fermented Cabbage juice

Thank you for your reply. Meat? You can add meat? While it is fermenting? It smelled up the house the way it was. I made the kraut in my front porch this winter because it was nice and cool. It is so smooth tasting. I added a bit of water and salt when it would start to get dry. The house is dry in the winter. I then refridgerated it. Can I leave it indefinately unrefridgerated do you know? Will it every stop the ferment process or go to rot? My mom drinks the juice made from a recipe in Nourishing traditions, where you chop the cabbage, put it in a large glass jar with salt enough to brine. The add water filling the jar. I can't remember how long to leave it sit. Then she pours off the juice. We have left the cabbage in as well. The book says that the juice can be drank and one more batch can be made. Then the cabbage has been spent. I like the kraut myself. My mom has diverticulitus so it gives her great pain. She sticks with the juice. Thanks-Again!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.453 sec, (1)