CureZone   Log On   Join
Goats Milk Kefir vs Camel Milk Kefir - My experience

Views: 8,024
Published: 14 years ago

Goats Milk Kefir vs Camel Milk Kefir - My experience

Hi All

I went ahead and tried making kefir using goats milk. Guys its waaaay easier than I thought.

Infact I took the 2 starter packs/grains that I was sent from Germany, and initiated two seprate cultures. One using Goats milk, and the other Camel milk that is sold here in the Middle East. (the later does not have lactose that creates reaction in me, thus I found a super alernative to cow milk, also taste better than cow milk)

I began the camel milk culture first, followed a day later by the Goats Milk.

The camel milk culture is comming along slowly. The kefir it produces (day 4) is still runny and almost milk like. It seprates nicely into curd/whey/and kefir, but is generally runny. The Kefir grains are multiplying slowly but steadly.

Teh goats milk sample is another story. It has gonbe WILD!! Day three has it producing THICK CREAMY awesome kefir. The critters them self dont seem much bigger than the day 4 camel milk sample, but the quality of kefir is waaaay diffrernt/superior.

So filks there you have it. Goats milk does work VERY well!

Im intruiged to find Thick creamy type stugg around the kefir grains when emptying the jar after 24 hours. Much much thicker thna thew already thick kefir that it has produced.

Best Wishes
Malcolm

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.281 sec, (1)