CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: thank you...

Ev Views: 1,700
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 61,883

Re: thank you...

Okay - I understand.

I believe in this situation consistancy is the key to sucess. Pick a sutiable bedtime for your baby and at that time or shortly before start going through the routine of getting her ready for bed. While you go through the routine speak softly to her and "explain" what you are doing and how she is sleepy and it's bedtime.

Be consistant, have the same routine day in and day out. (unless of course you go on vacation or something) After about a month your routine should be set up firmly.

Now, if she fusses and cries that is okay. Stay with her, in her bedroom. Keep the room dark and softly console her or sing to her. It may be a hard transition for you because some nights you might be in there for an hour or more - just keep clinging to the hope that this will pass and soon enough you'll be able to put her down to bed and walk out. I don't agree with leaving a baby in a room crying by themselves. So don't do that unless you need a break for a few moments. I strongly believe that babies need to be loved and comforted through everything to instill security and confidence.

You could also put your baby in the crib and lightly stroke her back and talk or sing to her, that way she knows it is bedtime - and you won't give up.

I'm not sure when children suddenly get that knowledge that they can manipulate their parents, I still like to believe that babies don't do that. After all they are inocent right? ( *LOL* )

The other thing you could do is make a massage oil out of pure extra virgin cold pressed olive oil (about 1/4 cup) and 5 - 10 drops of essential oil of lavander. (make sure it's the real stuff) When you change your baby for bedtime, massage her with the mixture, it is very calming and relaxing. You baby will love it!

Hope this works for you, have a great day!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

1.570 sec, (1)