CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: cultured vegetables breath?

Prudence Views: 2,208
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 617,477

Re: cultured vegetables breath?

My son won't be in the same room (or car!) with me for a half-hour or so after I eat the cultured veggies, but he's got an unusually sharp sense of smell. The last batch of veggies I made didn't seem so smelly. I still used a green cabbage base, but added many other fun things to it: red cabbage, beets, carrots, ginger, garlic, and a green apple. Maybe the apple cuts the smell, or maybe they're just not as fermented (though they do have that cultured "tang"), but the breath factor isn't as marked. I happened to be eating some when my son came in from school, and he didn't flinch when I hugged him, so I know the smell must be better. :-)

I came to the BED as a vegetarian and then mixed BED with Mercola.com for awhile. I ate meat like crazy in the beginning! I couldn't get enough beef or bison to satisfy me. I gather from Donna's book that the meat was helping the yeast die off. Now, I'm the same way with cultured veggies! Meat, I can take or leave, but I have to have several cups of the CVs a day. Unfortunately, that often means lots of blue corn chips too, which I was trying to avoid since Mercola doesn't approve. It's difficult trying to follow two diets at once, though, and I finally found a practitioner who seems to know what I need, who has recommended BED, so I'm following that alone now.

I've been making the young coconut kefir too, and that's another thing I simply can't get enough of. I haven't been as interested in the kefir "cheese" (from the meat of the coconut), but the coconut water kefir seems to energize me from the moment it hits my tongue. I'm having to conserve it because there's only so much per batch, and the coconuts are difficult to find around here.

I guess my point is that, even if my breath was totally rank, I'd still eat the cultured veggies and drink the coconut kefir because my body really seems to want them!

Best to you.

-Prudence

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.516 sec, (1)