CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: new here..needing help

LisaM Views: 1,782
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 591,108

Re: new here..needing help

Susan,

Getting used to the diet is very hard at first but eventually you get used to it. I eat some fruit each morning first thing and give it 20 minutes or so to digest quickly. I love the fruit it is the best part of the day for me. Some will tell you to avoid the fruit but my doc says two servings is o.k. and I choose the less sweet fruits granny smith apples, berries, especially blueberries they are so good for you, bananas, kiwi and grapefruit. Lunch is a good salad with usually some fish and dinner a small amount of meat which I vary and a lot of steamed vegetables. I sometimes have some yeast free bread with almond or cashew butter, sometimes red potatoes or quinoa pasta. These things I only do once a week. Also for breakfast I eat oatmeal, puffed rice, puffed kamut, puffed millet or puffed amaranth cereal. I try to keep my carbs in the earlier part of the day so I never eat the pasta or potatoes for dinner. I do sometimes have a starchy vegetable for dinner though. The carbs are hard to digest that is why I eat them earlier. With the cereal I alternate between soy milk, almond milk or rice milk. These all except for the type of soy i buy have some Sugar in them but my doc says regular milk is ok. in moderation plus I need the calories as I am underweight. I only have these with my cereal though the rest of the time I drink water.

I really do like everything I eat there are still times when I am at a party or something when I would like that piece of cake but I know when I get healthy again I will be able to do that once in awhile.

Good luck to you

Lisa

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.016 sec, (1)