CureZone   Log On   Join
Having a little yoga "impediment"

happydog Views: 1,190
Published: 14 years ago

Having a little yoga "impediment"

Hope somebody can give me some advice :)
When I sit crosslegged (in the basic yoga sitting position) I have a problem with one leg. Where the inner thigh connects to the pelvic floor it won't lay down properly. Instead of my knee laying on the floor it sticks up at about a 45 degree angle. It's like that joint (groin muscle? thigh? inner hip?) is too tight and won't relax enough to get my knee anywhere near the floor. Hope I'm describing this adequately. This awkward position also puts uncomfortable pressure on the ankle which instead of laying contentedly on the mat, is instead kind of bent and pushing into the mat. The other leg (thank god I've only got two!) is very cooperative and lays right down.

Have you ever heard of this?

Are there exercises or other yoga asanas I can do to relax that joint and should I work on that before going on with the yoga? or should I do the seated positions with my legs straight out in front for the time being? or should I just press on and it'll relax in time? Thanks for any advice!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)