CureZone   Log On   Join
Wow! Complete reversal of symptoms!!

Views: 2,168
Published: 16 years ago

Wow! Complete reversal of symptoms!!

I got on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) 3 weeks ago and have had a complete reversal of all Crohn's symptoms. I am off all medications and have never felt better ... can't believe I didn't do this sooner!! The swelling and intense pain in my stomach have completely disappeared. Actually I tried the SCD once before, but not for more than a few days (in other words, not long enough to see results.) Before getting Crohn's I was a runner and athlete. After being diagnosed, the enervating property of Crohn's stole all my energy. On the rare occasion when I did try to walk or run, I felt like I was carrying a wagon full of bricks behind me. This weekend I went for a run with my younger brother and completely kicked his butt (haven't been able to do this since being diagnosed.) Anyway, there is plenty of information about the SCD on the web. Basically you can't eat any refined sugar, starch, grains, and most dairy. Most vegetables, fruits, nuts, meats, cheeses, and eggs are allowed. The fruit is an excellent replacement for all the carbs my body was missing, and helps to provide a constant source of energy. There are a lot of "fine points" that you have to follow so I definitely recommend getting the book or doing some extensive web research. This diet is definitely worth a try! Crohn's patients -- do it for a month and see if it works for you.
©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

I got on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) 3 weeks ago and have had a complete reversal of all Crohn's symptoms. I am off all medications and have never felt better ... can't believe I didn't do this sooner. The swelling and intense pain in my stomach have completely disappeared. Actually I tried it once before, but not for more than a few days (in other words, not long enough to see results.) There is plenty of information about the SCD on the web. Basically you can't have any refined sugar, starch, grains, and most dairy. Most vegetables, fruits, nuts, meats, cheeses, and eggs are allowed. The fruit is an excellent replacement for all the carbs my body was missing, and helps to provide a constant source of energy. There are a lot of "fine points" that you have to follow so I definitely recommend getting the book.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (2)