CureZone   Log On   Join
New with lots of questions for you

Wild Gale Views: 1,854
Published: 18 years ago

New with lots of questions for you

I have been reading this board for about a week and wanted first to say hi to all of you. I am glad I found you because I was pretty sure I was going crazy. This is a really long message. Just a warning to you all.

Here’s my story: I have had systemic candida for less than a year. I believe it started with two courses of Antibiotics during a c-section and an infection in my abdominal tissues that followed. I realized at 4 weeks postpartum that my son and I had thrush -- it sure can be a tough thing to diagnose! I know I was the weak link because of the Antibiotics , but his intestinal tract was weakened due to about two weeks of some nasty formula. He started breastfeeding at six weeks and has not shown any signs of candida since then. I went on a candida diet back then and stayed on a pretty good diet for months and even went on a very strict thrush-prevention diet before he had surgery (routine scrotal hernia that went well). So I was shocked to have a flare-up around the time of the surgery and again about six weeks ago. I was further shocked when I felt this shooting pain in my breasts during breastfeeding because I knew that was a symptom of yeast in the milk ducts which meant it was systemic. I know that my body was weakened from the pregnancy, the c-section, the six-week struggle to breastfeed, and the months of mothering that followed. I am hoping all of that is behind us and can begin to allow my adrenal glands to rest.

I’ve been working with a chiropractor and was given three options:

1) Wean my son at 18 months (6 months from now) and do a detox.

2) Follow a strict diet and take some breastfeeding-friendly yeast killers (garlic, GSE, oil of oregano).

3) Go the pharmaceutical route with the multiple doses of Diflucan.

I don’t like option 1, the chiropractor strongly recommended against option 3, so I have chosen option 2. However, she has given me a 50-50 chance with this option. So that’s my first question:

Do you think that a strict diet and a limited set of yeast busters is sufficient here? It seems to me that if the yeast have nothing to live on, that they will die and I will get better. Is this a simplistic notion?

On the issue of yeast busters, I started taking Grapefruit-Seed-Extract about one week into the diet (I’m at 3 ½ weeks now). Being the motivated and yeast-hating person I am, I was up to 15 drops twice a day in about a week’s time. The die off was really horrible. I began to have serious signs of postpartum Depression again and was ready for Zoloft. That’s actually where this board helped a great deal. I cut out the Grapefruit-Seed-Extract entirely and am feeling that an almost-normal human being again. I started on probiotics recently as well. And a few other questions:

The die-off symptoms are so much better now and I have to be able to take care of a child, so should I add the Grapefruit-Seed-Extract back at some point and, if so, what amount should I start with? When should I start it? Should I try some other yeast killers instead? Any opinions?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Amanda

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.234 sec, (2)