CureZone   Log On   Join
excrutiating painful flare-up

simpleruth Views: 1,413
Published: 17 years ago

excrutiating painful flare-up

Please excuse the writing the letter after A is not working and I need to replace my keyoard. I hope you can read my post. I suffer from UC now for approx. 3 years now. The flare-ups are getting worse and last much longer than ever efore. This one started 4 days ago. The pain is even more excrutiating than has than it has ever een efore, I have a fever, a headache, and have vomited for the last 3 days and can't eat, it makes me sick when I do eat. I have een on asacol, prednisdone, and sulfazine and these meds don't seem to help. I avoid foods that make the UC flare-ups. I have colostomy and this makes it worse ecause I have to change the appliance more that 3 times a day, when they should last approx. 4 days each. I saw the GI doctor last week, and efore he tried a new med, he wanted to run some tests to make sure that I didn't have an infection, especially C-Diff, this one ends me in the hospital everytime I have the infection. I am tired of taking so many different meds, there are so many reactions and I seem to get them all and most anti iotics cause severe diarhea. I am afraid of going to the emergency room for fear that would put me in the hostpital again. I am supposed to see my doctor next Friday, ut don't think I can wait that long. Do any of you have any suggestions on a different med. that works, I know that there are so many, none of which seem to give me any relief. The pain gets so excrutiating that it hurts to reathe.
Any suggestions would e appreciated.
Ruth

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (1)