CureZone   Log On   Join
sulfazine?????

simpleruth Views: 1,999
Published: 17 years ago

sulfazine?????

I recently was taken off Asacol and put on Sulfazine. The Asacol was not helping my UC at all. After being put on Sulfazine, I wake up feeling like I have a hangover. I do not drink anymore, when I did, it was socially, it was rare when I did drink. I also take prednisdone enema's. I don't seem to get any better. The Asacol didn't help at all but had not reaction to it. I stopped after taking Sulfazine agter about 15 days of taking it. I see my GI doctor tomorrow(Monday). I dont'know what he will put me on or if he will order another colonoscopy. I don't want to have the colonoscopy, I have a terrible time taking the pre-op meds to clean out my system. I have a permanent colostomy and it causes nausua and when my body eliminates so much so fast, I have to change my colostomy appliance more frequently, many time per day. The pain from elimination is excrutiating. What I want to know what other medications can I be put on to help the UC. I was put on Prednisdone (pill form) and all that did was put about 40 pounds on me. I am so tired of so many flare-ups and so much pain, what other meds may help me?
Ruth

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.539 sec, (1)