CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Prednisdone suppository, help!!

4kero4 Views: 2,590
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 57,469

Re: Prednisdone suppository, help!!

Hello Ruth. I've only seen mixed results at best with Prednisone with anyone who has taken it for UC (ulcerative colitis) and Crohn's. I've been under a constant flare up now for two years come this February. I'm a lot better than I was, but still have a ways to go. I've been to every "great" doctor including Mayo. I've tried Rowasa eneams, Canasa suppositories, Hydrocortisone enemas and suppositories, Mesalamine enemas, Sulfsalazine, Prednisone, Asacol, Pentasa, etc. etc. Prednisone caused me severe anxiety and stomach cramping. Around this time I also lost about 30 lbs which was scary for someone as small as myself. I'm currently on Pentasa oral and Mesalamine enemas. The Pentasa causes gas which makes the enema impossible. The thing that has helped me the most is diet and lifestyle changes (stress reduction, anxiety reduction, and exercise). I would recommend a few books to read like, "Patient Heal Thyself", "The Maker's Diet", and anything by Paul and Patricia Bragg. Any traditional med. in my opinion will not heal you, but may allow people to live "normally" without making any dietary/lifestyle changes. I eat 99% natural foods now, organic when possible (although my income is very low with my illness), and try to do yoga and/or pilates five times a week. I take a multi-vit everyday (I recommend Source of Life or Now), a B vit. complex (Now), Folic Acid, Fish Oil (Carlson's Lemon Flavored), a probiotic (Enzymatic Therapy, Garden of Life seems good if your body can handle it, there are many others..), Wheatgrass, yogurt, etc. etc. Hope some of this helps!
-Brad

p.s. watch out for the advertisers that will respond to your thread...educate yourself and don't take their claims to heart...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

1.453 sec, (1)