CureZone   Log On   Join
Remicade Infusions?

simpleruth Views: 2,517
Published: 18 years ago

Remicade Infusions?

I am taking asacol and prednisdone for UC. The Pred dosage is 10mg started 3weeks ago, for the first I took 4 per day and each week after I would decrease by one pill. It just made me feel worse. The pain is excrutiating. And I am having so many side effects from the Pred. I have gained about 18 pouns in three weeks, when I eat just a couple of bites if food, I seem to fill up and feel like I am going to explode. I stopped taking yesterday because I couldn't stand the side effects any longer. And I am so miserable with the pain and so many trips to the bathroom about 20 times a day. I have a colostomy and it causes me to have to change my appliances quit often which causes skin irritations that get bloody raw. I also have blood in my stool. I have heard about Remicade Infustions, and did a little research myself. Has anyone tried the infusions? If so, exactly what is an infusion, How does it work? How long does it take to start working and how long is the remission? I know this is a lot of questions, but I am very interested in it, I am going to talk to the doctor to see if I am a candidate for this remidy. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ruth

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.375 sec, (1)