CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Seizures and loss of speech

DeeNut Views: 5,500
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 55,983

Re: Seizures and loss of speech

Hi, My name is Dee.. I too have a son who has the same symptons as your son has.
Kyle has had a seizure disorder since he was 4 months old. He is now 10. Still in diapers...still not talking. Although he does say a few words...maybe about 10-15 words...not any two in a sentence.
He has been on numerous meds...WHICH WERE NOT EFFECTIVE. He also has the VNS..WHICH did cut down the amount of seizures, the instensity of them...but he still has a few a day.
Kyle also has many autisic behaviors...AND is NOT diagnosed as Autisic...but isn't it ironic how the two disorders tend to coinside with eachother??
We are going into Manhattan on Tuesday, the 30th, to see his neurologist. We are going to talk to him about the Keto diet. THIS IS OUR LAST HOPE!!
I have been going to other message boards, and finding out that many people who have suffered themselves with Seizures..and who are caretakers of children and spouses with epilepsy are turning to alternative and natural remedies...they are all having some success.
Have you tried going to the ketokids.com? or epilepsycured.com?
You may be surprised to find much information there.
I wish You the best of luck!
Keep me posted on your son's success with the diet...
How long has he been on the diet?
AND did you know , that there are children out there who have been on the diet for several years?? I was shocked to hear that, because I thought that you could only be on the diet for 2 yrs. then that's it?
Oh well...
gotta make this kid some breakfast before he starts making cereal on the kitchen floor...lol
have a great day!
Dee

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.563 sec, (1)