CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: New here..Any help appreciated

cateyes3333 Views: 1,376
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 555,383

Re: New here..Any help appreciated

Leslie,

It sounds like you've been through a rough time too. A couple of things you mentioned really struck me. You said you were impatient, overly sensitive to your environment incl. other people, a worrier and have anxiety. It seems as though people with our personality characteristics are more likely to be affected by hormone imbalances. Also, research shows there's a correlation between those with a history of abuse, chronic stress, post traumatic stress disorder etc and those with autoimmune, chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia, and/or adrenal dysfunction. Some research suggests that the nervous system gets reset when a person experiences chronic stress and signals are sent to the glands that would not be sent by someone without chronic stress.

I am on a mission to figure this whole thing out if it's the last thing I do. There are a lot of people, esp women that are getting shuffled from one doctor to another without any relief or understanding of what's going on.

Yes, my doc will probably want to start me on cortisol. I would rather figure out why this is happening and fix it. Even if I require intense counseling to reset my brain.

Thanks for listening!

Melissa

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.172 sec, (1)