CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Deciding when to get pregnant

theladder Views: 1,616
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 55,475

Re: Deciding when to get pregnant

There is no perfect time to become pregnant. I am a 30 year old mother of two. My youngest is now three. When I became pregnant for my youngest, we had just bought our first home, I was working on a degree, & was working full time at a psyc hospital. My oldest was in school full time , so our schedules worked, so that we were home at the same time. But, with being through a birth and infant before, I knew things were going to change. I am an instinct driven parent. My oldest was brestfed exclusively untill he had teeth (I think teeth are a sign that we are ready to eat solids)and continued nursing untill he was three. I took him everywhere with me and had no need for a caregiver outside of we, his parents. Needless to say, I did not have to work outside of the home. Although, at that point, my instics were so strong, that I don't think I would have left my baby at any cost. We talked at lenghths about it before the arrival of our youngest.The concern was finances. With a new home meant new expences. We both agreed that staying home was best. I finished out two semesters at school and worked up untill my seventh month. I have been home ever since. Only recently taken a job two days of the weekend to make spending cash for myself. The boys stay with grandma. I guess if I were going to give any advice, it would be a very straight forward one. I believe that when we have children we need to stay with them. That becomes the priority. It seems a common sense concept that you have a child, you raise them. Sadly in this society, it is not so common. Without knowing the ins & outs of your situation, I would say that you should finish school - get it out of the way. Your education will always be there when you need it. That is the one thing I wish I could have done BEFORE I became pregnant. Then consciencely (with husband) decide on a time that you will be best able to stay home with your child for the formitive years. Make that the priority. Children have the right to be raised by the people who truly love them most in the world. Just my opinion. I've included an interesting acticle from the New York Times that touches on this subject. Good luck to you and your decision. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/14/business/14leonhardt.html?_r=2&ad...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.359 sec, (2)