CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: sniff, having a bad day...

Views: 838
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 539,896

Re: sniff, having a bad day...

Hi guys

Thanks very much for your messages and support! Isn't this website great - I think we'd feel a hell of a lot worse without it.

My candida could have stemmed from a few things but there were definitily Antibiotics there. After a period of long-term stress, I went to Africa, returned and then went on the pill to help with problem periods. Then began a series of weird health complaints: general exhaustion, mood swings and just not feeling myself. I caught a common cold and ended up with a chest infection which refused to budge. The doctor prescribed one course of Antibiotics - after taking them I woke up the next day with a swollen throat full of yellow blisters and felt so ill I could hardly function (I've still got swollen glands now). But I was determined to push on and get through my final years at school and somehow got through University and ended up with a degree. I think you just somehow adapt to feeling crappy but managing to just function and no more at the same time, just for necessity's sake. Sometimes I wonder if I would have been better not studying and working these past few years as I do tend to feel exhausted a lot of the time now, but I think I have a masochistic streak in me and I just keep pushing myself on! Which comes in handy when you have bad days :0)

I think as time goes on more and more answers will come to light and it will get a lot easier to beat this damn thing (provided doctors resist handing out Antibiotics like sweets). In the meantime we can only do our best and not be too hard on ourselves if we have an off day and 'cheat' on the diet - in the long-run we are still helping our bodies get back to a healthy state and hopefully get the candida under control. I've been on and off the diet for years but I definitely had a good period where I was able to eat most things without experiencing symptoms, it's good to know the diet does work alonside other thigs - but I got greedy and the cafe lattes, sandwiches, odd glass of wine etc got the better of me and the candida returned! It's easy to stick to the diet when you feel the benefits though and the brain-fog begins to lift...

Thanks very much again - take care all and best of luck to you.
Bye for now
Caroline

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.703 sec, (2)