CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: friends w/benefits

bkrisp Views: 1,641
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 536,019

Re: friends w/benefits

Thanx for your response-
Well, my feelings for him have built up for the past few months. I started to see him as more than just a friend but it was really hard for me to make that transition. Also, I didn't want to lead him on because I'm at a point in my life where being in a relationship will just hold me back from what I want to do. It may seem selfish, but I'm still young and I already made some bad decisions in the past because of the person I was with. I know being in a relationship means letting the other person grow and be who they want to be, but it just seems a lot easier if I just put the whole relationship thing off for a while.
As for my feelings for my friend, in my eyes, he's perfect. I picture him being my husband one day. So before I decide to commit to him for good, I want to figure out what it is I want out of life, so that when I'm in a serious relationship, I won't have any regrets. Does that seem fair?
Also, he's almost a year younger than me and I think he is just young and in love. I made so many mistakes the first time I fell in love and I just want to make sure he loves me for who I really am. When I was 17, I thought I had found the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. He treated me worse than anyone I've ever known in my life, and I couldn't figure out why because I loved him so much. I thought I could change him. Finally, I had the last straw and left him for good. It was extremely difficult to get over him, but I had a lot of support from my friends and family and I learned to love myself even if he didn't.
I told myself I wouldn't get into another relationship until I've decided what it is I want out of life, now almost all of a sudden, I find myself in love with my best friend since high school.
I'm constantly thinking this over and over and I just really want him to be happy but I'm too young to get into another serious relationship. I've told him this but I don't think he understands. I don't want to hurt him, but I just don't know what to do....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.953 sec, (1)