CureZone   Log On   Join
Limiting Stone Production ... ?

irastus Views: 1,169
Published: 17 years ago

Limiting Stone Production ... ?

After 7 flushes, I think things are relatively clear. Now I want to know if limiting further production is really possible, or if some people are just going to produce them no matter what.

Many people say to limit your fat and cholesterol intake. While it's true that fatty foods triggers attacks (sudden demand for bile), it's not clear that they cause more stones. 80% of your body's cholesterol is actually produced by the liver, so singling out fats as the main culprit may be misleading.

Most of the liver's cholesterol production is in response to processing an over abundance of simple sugars into fat and vica versa. Dieting also has been linked to stone formation as the body breaks down fat stores and converts it into sugar.

It seems to me the only option is to limit both your intake of saturated fats, simple carbs (all white foods), and keep your body as lean as possible (caloric restriction, exercise). If you eat more than you burn, no matter what the food, there's going to be at a greater risk of stone production. Any thoughts?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.672 sec, (1)