CureZone   Log On   Join
I'm 18, just diagnosed with endometriosis and I want to have children someday.... is there hope for me?

Pale Blue Tint Views: 4,281
Published: 13 years ago

I'm 18, just diagnosed with endometriosis and I want to have children someday.... is there hope for me?

hi gang, I hope you are all doing very well. I have never forgot you guys, and never will. You help me through, and I hope I help you. but for those of you who aren't familiar with this situation:
I'm an 18 year old female, and just got diagnosed with endometriosis yesterday by a very good doctor, after 5 years of excruciating pain, nausea, IBS, irregular periods, hospitals, autoimmune deficiencies and being called crazy for it.
My gyn calls me little one, my ultrasound results concluded that I have a tilted backwards uterus that's only about 2 inches high. I'm 5'0" and 103lbs. No cysts were found.
My gyn prescribed me the ortho-evra patch, the lowest form of birth control available - because any other type of bc pill makes me debilitated for months. I am afraid to take it, but I want to feel better, and most of all, I want to be blessed with children someday!
All I want to know is, will I be able to have children within the next 10 years without having to have an invasive laparoscopy?? Obviouslly I'm not interested in children at this age, but I want to eventually. I'm currently in the process of acquiring a medical degree, so the blessing of children may have to wait a few years.
If I can't ever have children, I will feel like I am not a real woman, not even a human being. Just a useless organism taking up space and missing out on the joy of bringing a child into the world naturally. I will feel inadequeate to my future husband.
If this bc patch controls my endo, can my fertility be saved? If not, can this dreadful surgery save it?
Is there hope for me?
any help is so very appreciated :)
With love and respect,
Nova, the
Pale Blue Tint
©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°© hi gang, I hope you are all doing very well. I have never forgot you guys, and never will. You help me through, and I hope I help you. but for those of you who aren't familiar with this situatio: I'm an 18 year old female, and just got diagnosed with endometriosis yesterday by a very good doctor, after 5 years of excruciating pain, nausea, IBS, irregular periods, hospitals, autoimmune deficiencies and being called crazy for it. My gyn calls me little one, my ultrasound results concluded that I have a tilted backwards uterus that's only about 2 inches high. I'm 5'0" and 103lbs. No cysts were found. My gyn prescribed me the ortho-evra patch, the lowest form of birth control available - because any other type of bc pill makes me debilitated for months. I am afraid to take it, but I want to feel better, and most of all, I want to be blessed with children someday! All I want to know is, will I be able to have children within the next 10 years without having to have an invasive laparoscopy?? Obviouslly I'm not interested in children at this age, but I want to eventually. I'm currently in the process of acquiring a medical degree, so the blessing of children may have to wait a few years. If I can't ever have children, I will feel like I am not a real woman, not even a human being. Just a useless organism taking up space and missing out on the joy of bringing a child into the world naturally. I will feel inadequeate to my future husband. If this bc patch controls my endo, can my fertility be saved? If not, can this dreadful surgery save it? Is there hope for me? any help is so very appreciated :) With love and respect, Nova, the Pale Blue Tint

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.641 sec, (2)