CureZone   Log On   Join
Old World musings...

Hulda Clark Cleanses
Parasite Cleanse, Kidney Cleanse, Liver Flush, Bowel Program acco...

Natural Cancer Remedies
The ”incurable” pancreatic cancer disappeared!

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
More
janaki Views: 2,323
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 507,420

Old World musings...

m,

I feel in a new position these days from which to navigate the "east/west" thing as I usually call it. I have been told I've had many past lives in INdia and that this is my first in "the west". I was very entranced with INdia when I first experienced it, I still AM, but I AM no longer susceptible to the rigidity, judgment and deep cultural blindspots that I unfortunately saw so very often. What a wonderful place INdia is, with all its contradictions, I wouldn't change a thing. It is a place where real growth can take place, provided you keep your mind open and focused on higher truths.

My husband's family has accepted me only in a limited sense. My own ideas of family are also changing. In INdia the family structure serves many practical purposes. I see that when people begin to move, immigrate, marry not from their own society, that life can be quite difficult without this support network, however it causes ONE to evaluate these ideas of family in a new context. We create our own families, aside from bloodlines, from the heart.

I enjoyed your thoughts on Kuwait. I have many similar images from India. Women on scooters in colorful saris, scarves blowing in the wind. Yes, thrilling taxi rides would be an understatement. Mangoes. Mango ice-cream. The contradictions I mentioned...yes, men are very affectionate and loving with one-another, the next moment violent and harsh. I do not think that people are at all comfortable with their sexuality. This lack of attention to sexuality causes a lot of problems in INdia. Misconceptions, opportunities for abuse, terrible, almost worship of "the west" and western lifestyle. I do think women are quite lovely with one-another there, with less jealousy and difficulty than is experienced here. As you say, call to prayer, a sense of the spiritual permeating everything. That's the good stuff.

M, are you in the US? Born there?

Peace and love to you,
j

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.125 sec, (1)