CureZone   Log On   Join
Variety of foods

mle Views: 1,803
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 493,637

Variety of foods

Jackierr,

Are you eating any raw fruits or veggies? Looking at your post made me wonder if you're getting the enzymes you need to properly digest your food. An eating "an apple a day" is pretty good for your digestion.

Another issue is how to get the body to use normal peristaltic action to move food through the digestive tract. When one has an eating disorder or overuses emetic products or enemas, the body gets "lazy" and the normal peristaltic action stops. This is a problem for which Andreas is probably more able to address a recovery than I.

My mother-in-law has "trouble with her digestion". She will not go anywhere before 11 am, because she needs to be close to a toilet. She takes stool softeners daily. She is active, but frail.

When she stays with me, I feed her fresh ground flax seed in her breakfast cereal, minced celery, parsley, onion, carrot, cooked legumes and lemon/cod liver oil dressing in the salad at lunch and dinner of range raised animal protein, root veggies, legumes, whole grains and sea veggies. Throughout the day, she drinks ginger tea. Ginger is warming and stimulating to the digestion.

She says eating at my home, where everything is full of whole food nutrition, makes her digestion work right. When she goes home, eating "good" frozen meals and other simple one person foods, she gets clogged up. I sent her home with a ginger root last time. She lives in the midwest, so in the winter ginger tea feels very good.

Consider your diet and see how to add variety. Oriental medicine says we should eat 30 different foods every day. In the west, we often limit ourselves to a few foods per month. Not the varied diet that supplies us the nutrients a healthy body needs.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.641 sec, (1)