CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hep C Cure?

Elishebeth Views: 5,625
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 48,912

Re: Hep C Cure?

My husband was diagnosed with Hep C about 8 years ago. The virus appeared to be 'sitting still', so he opted to do no treatment at that time. He was never a heavy alcohol drinker, but he stopped completely. The doctors said alcohol was the worst thing he could do to his liver.

Just to keep on top of this problem, he did have a biopsy of the liver every other year or so. The last biopsy this past spring showed that the virus has become very active and he is already in the first stages of cirrhosis.

I'm trying to show him some of these alternative methods for treatment. He went on interferon and it destroyed his teeth. He had to go off the medication and allow time to get his platelet number back up to have all his teeth removed - tomorrow, actually. It's been a terribly long, nightmare-ish fall with him having a lot of tooth pain. Two dental clinics refused to give him something for pain, saying that it wasn't their policy to treat pain until AFTER surgery.

After he recovers from the surgery it's his plan to go back on the interferon and ribovirin treatment. It's a terrible medicine. I asked the doctor about special foods and diet and he said for my husband not to use salt. I don't think this guy knows squat about diet and Hep C.

You can be sure I'm hanging around this section of the forum looking for information.

~Elishebeth

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.719 sec, (1)