CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thanks StandFast!

StandFast Views: 18,901
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 487,692

Re: Thanks StandFast!

Hi Janaki,

Chopping the vegetable at night is something I had considered but Andreas advised against it. The life force is diminished & if left overnight even in the fridge germs can settle on it.
I prefer to chop them just before cooking them (only possible on weekend & holidays) in that way the they are super fresh with all the life force maintained, I must say they actually do taste much better as well. However my compromise is chopping in the am, means I have to wake up about half an hour early. It is ok to set everything else (i.e. equipment) up the night before to minimise time pressure in the am.

I make the red lentil dhal most days because I can digest it well, however on occasion I have split mung bean dhal instead, which tastes really nice cooked with a little fresh ginger & a touch of Cayenne pepper. I have my dhal with the main meal so I tend to cook it almost like a broth with just a little soup.

Going back to basics and finding time to get my diet right (with a lot of great help from Andreas) was the most important first step for me. It is like you are rediscovering yourself.

As you, I thought I would never find the time but having tried the menu & noticed almost immediate health benefits, its amazing how time manifests.

Try a menu over a few weekends & study how you can optimise on time. I would say never use Micro waves; they destroy the vegetables cell content and rob it of the life force needed to make it available to the body's cells. If possible get the 9ply waterless cookware.

Good luck and good cooking.
Bon a petit.
Best Wishes,
Standfast

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)