Yesterday, I had around 1/4 cup of raw pumpkin seeds. I know they are supposed to help with ridding the body of certain parasites, but I wasn't prepared for the extreme response my body had. About 20 minutes after eating them, I felt VERY nauseaus, and my stomach and/or small intestines began to BURN. Not only that, but I felt soooooo weak and "out of it". My husband had to stay home from work to care for our kids! I was useless! I began having bowel movements around 1 hour after taking them. My third bowel movement was very loose and had around 6 pea-sized "things" that floated to the top. Most were oval in shape, some were very similar with more of a roundish shape. Tan in color. Odd that they floated while everything else seemed to sink. Looked like there may have been some in the BM that were stuck in there. Also appeared to have TONS and TONS of threadworms.
I felt a little better at night after having spent the day in bed. I did an enema with probiotics that evening. Today I'm back to my typical fatigued self. Feel dizzy every time I bend over and stand back up. I've always had that, though, just moreso today.
Anyone have experience with pumpkin seeds? Obviously I ate WAY too many! Were the parasites releasing toxins into my system as a result of the pumpkin seeds?
Gosh, I'm not doing that again! I prefer a more gentle approach.