CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I sweat at night....badly

valerie_cct Views: 973
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 462,439

Re: I sweat at night....badly

I recently learned of a case where a woman in her early 50's experienced nighttime sweats for several years before she told her physician about it. It turned out that this woman had been taking a daily plain water enema for the previous 10 years, and when she had blood tests done they found that her Sodium level was way below normal.

The daily plain water enemas had drained her system of essential electrolytes, and if the problem had continued much longer without being diagnosed, she might have suffered serious neurological damage.

The night time sweats were the result of the bodys attempt to reduce the volume of water so as to increase the concentration of Sodium. (If the amount of Sodium in the body stays the same, but the water volume decreases, then the concentration of the Sodium level in the blood increases).

She had suffered from constipation for a lifetime and was dependent on enemas to maintain regularity, but her Sodium level was brought back to normal within 90 days by using salt solution instead of plain water for the enemas, and taking salt supplements. A standard salt (saline) solution is prepared by mixing one teaspoon of salt for each pint of water, of four teaspoons for a full bag enema.

So although this probably doesn't relate to your situation, I would suggest that if possible, you have a blood test that will measure your Sodium, Potassium and other electrolyte mineral levels.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

4.952 sec, (1)