CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Prophecy or Preaching?

alikat Views: 967
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 430,309

Re: Prophecy or Preaching?

Thank you John, for your defense of the freedom of speech (Martha TM included ;<) ).
As I understand you are no great admirer of Christianity or any of its adherents, your asessment is even more noteworthy.
Just as the Spirituality and Consciousness expansion forums are not limited to anyone's particular idea of spirituality, in the way that the Christianity or Astrology forums are, a Prophecy forum by it's title alone does not specify the source of the prophecy.
I would expect that in such a forum as this, one might encounter all kinds of omens and portents from a very colorful menu. I equally suspect that many will extract very little if any reaction from me. There may also be some that I'll choose to ignore rather than take to personal offense. But I will always be glad to see people being able to express and share what is relevant to them.
The contents of Libby's post were directed exclusively to the Christian church. It can only be fully interpreted by those who are constantly immersed in Christian thinking and vernacular. I happened to think that it was a good post, but would not expect anyone outside of the Christian faith to show any interest in it.
It was certainly not meant to be taken as an offense directed at anyone.
I have in the recent past reacted poignantly to Christians who impose and chastise non-Christians using the Bible, expecting the latter to live and behave by codes of conduct that have absolutely no meaning or importance for them. I find this kind of unnecessary harshness thoughtless at best.
However, to be just, the same would have to be true in the opposite situation.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.898 sec, (1)