CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: ZEN is a no no for any christian.

Original Dr. Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
terran Views: 2,254
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 405,470

Re: ZEN is a no no for any christian.

This is my first time here on these forums. I just "happened" to have run into this thread. It's an interesting subject, indeed...

I have not studied Zen in particular. But I have read about some basic Buddhist concepts. I am very familiar with the gospel, and belief in it. But what the gospel means to me personally is somewhat different than what it means to most Christians. Because of the differences, I do not usually label myself Christian. But at heart, I would say I am Christian.

Christ taught love. Plain and simple. The wording of the language he spoke in and culture he lived in is quite misleading to anyone who does not speak Aramaic. If you studied up on this, you would understand what I'm talking about. Basically, though study and prayer, God has shown me that Jesus was never talking about himself. He was talking about the Way he was demonstrating: which was his relationship with God the Father. Jesus doesn't want us to make him God - he wants us to be close to the Father, God - as he was!

This can relate with Buddhism. Jesus taught and demonstrated love - therefore love is the way to be close to God. Compassion and kindness are definitely fruits of love, correct? The kind where you truly mean it in your heart, and it is NOT for show. Buddhism teaches compassion. Also, Buddhism teaches to detach from your ideas of how things are, or how things should be. This definitely relates with Jesus' teachings of faith. If you are to walk on water, you MUST detach from your pre-concieved idea that it is not possible to walk on water. You see where I'm going with this? I'm trying to convey that Buddhism and Christianity really are NOT that different. They LOOK very different - I'm aware of that. And I suspect that because they appear so different, Christians are afraid of other religions such as Buddhism. They aren't willing to try to see the Universal Truth that is apparent in all beliefs. I am not saying there are not belief systems with deception or darkness at their cores. There are, for sure...

Which is why we have the ability to discern. So I ask everyone - Christian, Buddhist, whatever.. turn on your discernment. Try using it. Don't turn it off and just listen to your church or your bible study teacher. It takes practice, but if you go to God YOURSELF and ask Him what is true and what is not - eventually you will find the answers you seek. It is definitely a very subtle thing, which is why most people don't bother. It's easier to just follow the crowd.

I respect all beliefs, and I try to discern what is true and what isn't. My advice is simply to be open to the possibility that maybe God comes in many different forms. Maybe God enjoys the variety! He did, after all, create a very diverse bunch of people on this planet. Culture very much influences how people percieve God. And that's a GOOD thing! Please consider this. Thank you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.359 sec, (2)