CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Praise report

Views: 1,325
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 404,294

Re: Praise report

Alikat,

Actually we are members of a Bible church, not a Baptist church. My husband is not a Baptist, but sought out a sound, uncompromising, Bible-believing church when we moved here. I grew up in the SBC tradition, but was filled with the Spirit, much as you were, soon after my conversion. Some Baptist churches are as you describe above, others are very much on fire. I still consider myself a Baptist (Calvinist), yet my husband is Armenian, which makes for some interesting table topics at dinner! LOL

We do have a "remnant," if you will, of Spirit-filled believers in our church. Just in the past two years we have added some contemporary praise and worship songs to our dearly beloved old hymns. It's working very well. We have a multi-generational church with some octagenarians who founded our church many years ago. They can't stand loud music. It hurts their old ears. But they have been walking with the Lord for many decades, and bring such wisdom and insight to our Body. They pray with such depth and richness and conviction. Where would these sweet old souls go if we started jumping around and shouting praises to God? So we spirit-filled believers elected to defer our wishes and tastes to uplift and encourage our elderly saints.

But, you know, a home group of spirit-filled believers sounds awesome! We do have home groups, so maybe this idea might meet the needs of some people who might be a little frustrated with how the Spirit seems to get squelched sometimes. Hmmm. I'll pray about that one.

Thanks, sweetie!
-Donna

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.484 sec, (1)