CureZone   Log On   Join
"HELP dealing with RACISM in Florida"

Views: 1,776
Published: 14 years ago

"HELP dealing with RACISM in Florida"

Hello everyone, I am feeling a bit sad because for some reason I always seem to move in areas where I feel discrimianted against, well to start I am spanish, we are a very decent spanish family however I am always affected by racism, we moved to southwest florida and I just hate the look on some peoples faces when we are in the supermarket or out somewhere with our kids, to the point where I just hate going out, for some reason I have always been affected by racism, since we are not black or white, we come in all colors

,sometimes its more difficult for us to cope with this racism, in any case i do not discrimate against anyone and am very friendly, but unfortunately the two areas i have bought houses at have been mostly white, I lived in south jersey in an all white community because schools were good and now we moved to this part of florida because it was one of the safest in florida and good schools but its also all white, and I dont have a problem with whites but alot here are veryyyy racist, and I just hate it because I cant enjoy myself when we go out. my husband just tells me to ignore it but I get soooo mad and it makes me feel so uneasy, I am not sure how you guys cope with racism, for instance sometimes we go into a resturant and people give us dirty looks, like what the heck are you aliens doing here where you dont belong, and also when we go to the park with our 2 kids.

it hurts alot since we are a very decent family and are well behaved, however I guess you cant make everyone like you, but it still hurts, i wish i found a way to deal with it since I barely go out, and I wish I foudn a way to not let it get to me so much, but it happens so often that is unavaildable, my husband ignores it pretty well so sometimes I just let him go out with the kids and I stay home just to avoid dealing with this kind of stuff.

at this point I am thinking of moving away, but the funny thing is that there are a few spanish/black areas in nearby towns but the neighborhoods are horrible, so I am not sure what to do I want to learn how to ignore racism but I am not sure how if anyone has suggestions let me know, I plan on going to a church tomorrow and hopefully god can help me deal with this problem since its caused alot of Depression and I dont want to move since its a beautiful area.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (2)