CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: GOD EXISTS. Proof that He loves us.

electravan Views: 1,095
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 402,825

Re: GOD EXISTS. Proof that He loves us.

I have come to believe, after a lot of study and meditation, that there is nothing wrong with being serious in your approach to God. The scriptures never mention Jesus partying or telling jokes. In fact, he is a very serious person and was quite intent on delivering a specific message that you have correctly understood the spirit of, (in my humble opinion) jaayne.

There are in fact, several festivals and holy days outlined in the Scriptures that were instituted by God Himself. God always warns us not to replace man's traditions with His commands. I wonder, how many christians who celebrate christmas also observe the Sabbath or Passover? I look at it this way, the catholic church has produced many traditions and I'm not here to judge them, but why do protestants keep catholic traditions, such as christmas, and yet not honor God's own festivals?

If people want to have fun with christmas - presents, trees, etc, as a cultural tradition, let it be separate from religious overlays originally intended to dominate people. It does matter THAT Jesus was born, but not WHEN He was born. Or rather, the prophetic fulfillments about the time and place and conditions under which He was born were important only with regard to prophecy fulfillment. God did not command us to celebrate His birth year after year and He had plenty of opportunity to do so.

The "spirit" of christmas is a deceiving one, and we are told not to be deceived. It has always been based in deception, and that has continued and grown over the years. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun, I like christmas too. I just don't confuse it with a christian religious holy day. I'm not anti-catholic, anti-jew, or anti- anything except the anti-christ.

Yes, God loves us in spite of all our confusion. We are just children after all and He is the only one with real wisdom.

Peace be with you.

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

I have come to believe, after a lot of study and meditation, that there is nothing wrong with being serious in your approach to God. The scriptures never mention Jesus partying or telling jokes. In fact, he is a very serious person and was quite intent on delivering a specific message that you have correctly understood the spirit of, (in my humble opinion) jaayne.

There are in fact, several festivals and holy days outlined in the Scriptures that were instituted by God Himself. God always warns us not to replace man's traditions with His commands. I wonder, how many christians who celebrate christmas also observe the Sabbath or Passover? I look at it this way, the catholic church has produced many traditions and I'm not here to judge them, but why do protestants keep catholic traditions, such as christmas, and yet not honor God's own festivals?

If people want to have fun with christmas - presents, trees, etc, as a cultural tradition, let it be separate from religious overlays originally intended to dominate people. It does matter THAT Jesus was born, but not WHEN He was born. Or rather, the prophetic fulfillments about the time and place and conditions under which He was born were important only with regard to prophecy fulfillment. God did not command us to celebrate His birth year after year and He had plenty of opportunity to do so.

The "spirit" of christmas is a deceiving one, and we are told not to be deceived. I has always been based in deception, and that has continued and grown over the years. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun, I like christmas too. I just don't confuse it with a christian religious holy day. I'm not anti-catholic, anti-jew, or anti- anything except the anti-christ.

Yes, God loves us in spite of all our confusion. We are just children after all and He is the only one with real wisdom.

Peace be with you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.906 sec, (2)