CureZone   Log On   Join
what are you afraid of?

skyflier0619 Views: 814
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 399,848

what are you afraid of?

Why do you hide behind that number? Skepticism is nothing to be ashamed of, at least I don't reckon so. Are you honestly seeking? Most are. God planned it that way.

I think it was Augustine who said "God created an empty place in every man's heart that only He can fill".

For every Bidstrup out there, there are countless more who started a quest to debunk the bible but ended up embracing God instead. Josh McDowell comes to mind...but there are many many others as well, scientists and learned men and women. I leave that high brow stuff for others to address. I imagine there are not many who come to God on an intellectual basis, but there may be a few from time to time. Most are drawn to Him by the great pleading in their own lives, in their own hearts. Because of our weakness, because we need a God so we invented Him? By no means. He revealed Himself to us from the beginning of civilization, and He continues to reveal Himself to us one precious soul at a time. And once we embrace Him, the proofs seem to follow along in due time.

That's what it all boils down to though. Some people want proof positive...want God to write it out in the sky...want every question answered to satisfy their never-ending intellectual curiousity. But alas, "without faith, it is impossible to please God" and God ain't in the business of answering to man.

Define the relationship.

Best do that on this side of eternity cuz someday the relationship will be very well defined - "every knee will bow".

Peace and God's grace to you this day.
Lynne

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.531 sec, (1)