CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Scared to have surgery

smore05 Views: 6,277
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 390,138

Re: Scared to have surgery

Hi There,

I had gallbladder surgery this past Feb. I had about a dozen stones, with the largest one being about 1cm. I suffered with GB attacks for about 2yrs prior, not knowing what they were, until I went to the Dr's finally b/c they thought it was heart problems. Once I found out I had stones, I was very afraid to have surgery as well, and I postponed it for almost a year. I found that I was able to keep the symptoms at bay, but that didn't last long at all. Towards the end, I was able to eat almost nothing without having an attack. I decided to go ahead and have the surgery and prayed that it would be the right decision. I am a pretty healthy eater generally speaking, but I do like to have the occasional treat. The surgery went very well, and I am happy to say that I am feeling great now. I find I can eat whatever I want, and I feel fine. Only thing is very greasy foods make me feel kind of gross, but I try not to eat those anyways. Surgery was a good option for me, so far. Flushing did not work for me, and I was in too much pain to try it for long term. Surgery has it's risks like anything else -if u decide to go through with it, make sure your Dr is reputable and has lots of experience with this type of surgery. There are lots of people here that have had the surgery and are feeling great, but you won't see as many of them on here anymore. If you need anymore info about surgery, please let me know. I'll do my best to help you out. Best of luck whatever you decide to do!

SM :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.438 sec, (1)