CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Scared to Death!

want2bhappy Views: 1,996
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 389,893

Re: Scared to Death!

I have sever anxiety and panic and know all to well how scared you can be of surgery. i got mine out almost two weeks ago. they also didnt know if i would have lap or open surgery. the thing you gotta remember is that they will have you out before its even decided what they do. when you wake up it will be done. now i was terrified of both surgeries and anesthetics, and basically what it was like is going into the room, laying down. theres 4 or so people in there. i had 5 people with me. an anesthetitian who will watch all ur vital signs for the whole surgery. a surgeon, an aid and a nurse. they lay u down, put in the iv, give u the anesthetics, and the next thing u know ur wakin up in the recovery room. it wasnt so scary, definatly not what i thought, and ur doctor can talk to you about any surgery anxieties. if you are just seeing the surgeon apr 19th i do not know if you mean getting it out or just the first visit. its honestly not that bad though, i was super scared but when i got it i felt so much better. went in at 8, was home by noon. i watched tv, played around on the computer, was walking around, going downstairs to get drinks, upstairs, even had people over the day i got home. the pain isnt all too bad, and is nothing if u take the pain meds. i never used any at all. i dont think ur worried about the pain though. they will not do a surgery if they feel ur high risk, i know that. and w/ my panic attacks i can get a heart rate up to 180 and bp of 155/90 (the day of surgery i was up to that)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.484 sec, (1)