CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Just an update - 6 1/2 Weeks After Surgery

Epsom Salt Encapsulated
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
bubong Views: 1,212
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 389,876

Re: Just an update - 6 1/2 Weeks After Surgery

Hey guys, I am new here although I have been going through the threads here on Curezone for years now. Let me share my GB experiences with everyone.

Allow me to start off by stating that I am a 30 year-old vegetarian.

I started having GB-related pains, which I thought were simple cases of heartburn, back in December 2000, my last month of being a carnivore. After the pain subsided, I dismissed it and went on with my life. A year later, the pain returned, this time lasting a bit longer. The following year, I started getting weird bouts of LBM right after having lunch. I couldn't hone in on the cause. Was it fatty food? Cold water? The heat? I couldn't tell for sure, no matter how I experimented with what I ate or drank. A month of this, then I started having a string of attacks, around 2 days apart, with each attack lasting 4-5 hours. It was then that I underwent a series of tests, including an endoscopy, before finally finding the culprit: multiple, tiny stones in my gallbladder, seen through the ultrasound. I went to see two doctors and both wanted my GB out. I did the liver/GB flush twice during this time, and expelled lots of tiny stones, but the pains returned soon after. I must admit that my life seemed to be hanging on a string then, as the pains were sapping the life force out of me. I held on. I went to see a traditional chinese doctor at the worst segment of my string of attacks. He prescribed some liver tea and lidan pian tablets that made yhe pains go away immediately. I took this for 6 months and suffered no attacks for 2 years. I felt perfectly fine and thought that my stones were gone.

February, 2005: The pains started creeping in slowly. I ignored it and went on with my extremely stressful life. I travelled a lot during this time, around Jan-Feb of this year, and in hindsight think that those plane rides probably made my stones move about.

Feb. 18-25 saw my worst bout with the pains, occuring from 1AM to 5AM daily. I would stay up during this time, dying of pain while my family slept through it all. When they would wake up in the morning, I would go to sleep. The rest of the day would pass by like a blur. I finally scheduled myself for surgery.

On March 1, I went under the knife. Ironically, the pains had ceased by then but I decided to go through with it anyway. I didn't want to go through the pains again.

I was supposed to go in for a laparoscopic cholescystectomy but when I awoke, I found that they had to do open surgery because the GB stones were already clustered at the neck of my GB. I was discharged my my surgeon 5 days after.

I returned home with the instructions to avoid fatty food and dairy products for 2 weeks, and to start slowly introducing a normal diet after that time. I started eating normally a day after I got home. Fatty food, spicy food, cheese. I only had loose stools after each lunch for 2 days, then I was constipated after that, moving my bowels at intervals of 2-3 days. A coffee enema did the trick. I am now eating and discharging normally than ever before.

For some time, I would wake up with slight pain in my mid-section radiating to my shoulder blades, very similar to my pre-attack sensations before surgery. I was afraid they didn't get all the stones, but even that is gone now. It was probably just a involuntary movement of the area where my GB used to be.

Now, it has been 6 weeks since my surgery and I feel perfectly healthy. I eat whatever I want and even drink alcohol ocassionaly. That includes fried food, oily food, spicy indian food, fries, etc.

Somehow, I feel sorry for losing my GB, even upto now --- separation anxiety, I suppose. I met a medical doctor who practices natural modalities in healing, one of a handful who practice here in the Philippines, who I will be hopefully training under soon. He says that I still could have prevented surgery if I had given my liver a chance to recuperate and focus on healing by taking a liquid-only diet. He says I should have done my flush with epson salts too. I only did it with apple juice, olive oil and lemon. Oh well, water under the bridge, and life must go on.

One more thing I wanted to share was that after my operation, my bleeding gums, which plagued me for more than 5 years, disappeared. No western explanation for why this is so, but TCM does: a relieved liver which was full of "heat". My, all these parallels.

I hope you find my sharing somewhat useful, despite its length, and I urge everyone to exhaust all natural means before going for surgery. Even if it didn't work for me in this instance, I still am a firm believer.

Cheers!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.217 sec, (3)