CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Some thing to think about

Skyvixen Views: 12,895
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 389,733

Re: Some thing to think about

i had gallbladder surgery on march 1st and was also extremely nervous, especially about the general anesthesia. my surgery was at 10:00 and was in the recovery room by 11:00 and saw my husband about 1:00. i was very nervous when they wheeled me in the surgical room but everyone was very kind. once they give you the mask to breathe from you are asleep! when i started to come to, i felt some pain in my abdomen and was short of breath. they will give you pain meds right away until you are comfortable. my surgery was done laproscopically but i spent the night because my gallbladder was very diseased and had alot of scar tissue on it. my surgery lasted a little bit longer due to that problem and my surgeon suggested that i spend the night. i was very uncomfortable (with pain) and was happy to spend the night. i was up walking around 2:00 to go to the bathroom and felt pretty good. the only thing that really bothered me that afternoon was the hospital bed, i sat in a chair the whole day. i was given a clear liquid diet and lots of water. by 8:00, i had to urinate 6 times per hour because i was hooked up to an iv. by midnight, after peeing so much, i begged the nurse to take the iv out. by 1:00 am, the gas pains started but were tolerable. although, i got no sleep, i felt great the next day. i stopped urinating so much about 8:00 am. i was released at 1:30! my recoverey at home was great but had to sleep sitting up in a recliner for 5 days. just get alot of rest and hopefully you have someone to help you with the kids and around the house. my husband and 10 yr old did everything and i just laid around. also remember that everyday you will feel a little bit better than the day before. i went back to work 8 days later and am eating normally. my bowel movements aren't completely normal but only had one bout of diarrhea. i understand that you are nervous but all will go well. let us know how you are doing.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

3.125 sec, (1)