CureZone   Log On   Join
Pre-Surgery Jitters

smore05 Views: 2,165
Published: 16 years ago

Pre-Surgery Jitters

Hello All,

Found these postings to be very informative. I found out I have Gallstones in Aug'04 but have been suffering with the attacks about 2 years before that (not knowing what they were from) I was not that symptomatic, having an attack every few months or so, but since summer, I have been getting them more frequently maybe once a month. They vary in severity and last from a couple of minutes to several hours. I saw a surgeon in Nov'04 when the pains sent me to the emerg and he highly suggested I have my gallbladder removed to avoid any future complications. Reluctantly I booked a surgery date for Feb 23'05 but I am not sure if I will go through with it??? I'm not so much nervous about the operation, but more so the after effects the operation will have. Can anyone provide any info on post-op side effects? How long will they last? When can I expect to be back on my feet and back to normal? Should I really have this surgery? Do the positives outweigh the negatives? Any info/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (1)