CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: dm0923

Clark Bowel Cleanse
Dr. Hulda Clarkís Bowel Program (Intestinal Cleanse). Pure product...

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
More
dm0923 Views: 887
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 376,931

Re: dm0923

Hey Kiran. It's kinda hard to explain...my lip is sorta nodular (I think), but I can only tell if I squeeze my lip a decent amount (theyíre inside my lip). I so far have assumed that the nodes are normal lip structures, which might be enlarged, possible due to the increased demands of having to continually repair the surrounding areas, or possible due to some foreign infiltration (the mycobacterial thing).

I would go and test one of my friends to compare, but they might never talk to me again if I squeezed their lip ;)

Iím not sure about the cheilitis glandularis (or whatever) thing. Itís possible, but since there donít seem to be a lot of definitive tests, and many of the symptoms for lip problems are vague and overlapping, itís hard to be sure one way or the other.

But I can confirm that my a large part of my lower and the center middle part of my upper lip have, at various times and depending on how far I let them progress, resembled the pictures posted by both Mayu and Alesiom.

Hereís part of what eMedicine has to say about CG, which sounds like it could be related, but who knows:

Background: Cheilitis glandularis (CG) is a clinical diagnosis that refers to an uncommon, poorly understood, and fundamentally benign inflammatory disorder of the submucosal glands in the lower lip. The condition is characterized by progressive enlargement and eversion of the lower labial mucosa that results in obliteration of the mucosal-vermilion interface. With externalization and chronic exposure, the delicate lower labial mucous membrane is secondarily altered by environmental influences, leading to erosion, ulceration, crusting, and, occasionally, infection. Most significantly, susceptibility to actinic damage is increased. Therefore, CG can be considered a potential predisposing factor for the development of actinic cheilitis and squamous cell carcinoma.
Historically, the disorder has been subclassified into 3 types: simple, superficial suppurative, and deep suppurative. The deep suppurative type has also been variously referred to as myxadenitis labialis or cheilitis apostematosa, and the superficial suppurative type has been termed Baelz disease. Many believe these subtypes represent a continuum of disease wherein the simple type, if not treated, could become secondarily infected and progress to become the superficially or, eventually, the deeply suppurative type

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.906 sec, (2)