CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: efudex

dm0923 Views: 5,132
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 376,782

Re: efudex

Hi kiran24. I can remember biting my lips inconsistently for a big chunk of my younger years (I’m 24 now). However, the damage was confined to the areas that were bitten and never seemed to involve whole areas of either lip. Of course, that all changed at some point, when the peeling/crusting/water-macerating processing started.

One thing that we have to be cognizant of is that we very likely represent an extremely small subgroup of people who have bitten and/or suffered some form of traumatic injury to their lips. If what is happening to us happened to all people who at some point received such damage, then it is likely that our condition would be far more widespread and well documented.

The cause of our lip peeling seems to be unknown and could be related to a whole plethora of triggers (an autoimmune condition, some manifestation of a strange bacterial/viral/fungal invasion, a genetic predisposition or manifestation, a reaction to some environmental agent, a secondary effect of some other condition, etc…).

I personally don’t know of anybody who has bitten their lips and who also has a condition similar to ours. But, there was somebody on this board who mentioned that his dad routinely bit his lips and did not ever develop a peeling reaction.

I’m not sure if I have the saliva problem that some have described. Could you guys explain in detail what part of the lip it’s coming from.

The affected areas on my lips seem to be consistent with the pictures posted by alesiom11 (the smallish, middle part of the upper and about half of the lower, starting in the middle and extending back; also, the peeling seems to stop at the border between the keratinized and moist, non-keratinized part of the lower lip).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.453 sec, (1)