CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Accutane and Cheilitis

alisa_ct Views: 10,388
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 375,969

Re: Accutane and Cheilitis

I took oral tretinoin aka Vesanoid or, in the literature, all-trans retinoic acid. I think it is very closely related to Accutane, but it is a drug for leukemia. I haven't taken it in about 2 years. My symptoms started in July of this year. It did remind me a bit of the symptoms I had when I took Vesanoid, although with Vesanoid it was extreme dryness, cracking, and bleeding without the thickening and sudden peeling I now get. I haven't been diagnosed with cheilitis, but based on what people are saying I think that's what I have. I'm hesitant to go to a doctor right now and take drugs when I prefer to solve things naturally. I wrote that my doctor said I had a lip fungal infection, but info on the internet seems to suggest that a lip fungal infection is associated with angular cracks at the side of the mouth, which I haven't had. This is so much like the problem I have around once a year with my thumb, where the skin thickens and peels off. I think a side effect is that the tissue can get a fungal infection, but I don't feel it is the primary problem. I think the dermatologist said the thumb problem was a type of or related to psoriasis, but he may have used the term cheilitis. I have felt that the thumb problem may relate to GI disturbances and perhaps parasites. My current internist feels it is just an eczema. Right now the lip problem is isolated to one area that had gotten thinner than the rest of the lips. I am wondering whether new tissue is being built up and eventually it will be able to heal. Overall my lips look better.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.453 sec, (1)