Our health authorities would never let this happen - it's impossible that so many responsible for the welfare of our kids would allow an entire generation of children to be poisoned with mercury.
It is very hard to believe that so many doctors and health authorities, most of whom truly have the welfare of our children in their hearts, would allow this to happen. Some of the reasons, unfortunately, that this is a myth include:
- Doctors are not trained in toxicology in medical school. Therefore, very few people who monitor the vaccine program and monitor neurological developmental issues in children know what the signs of mercury poisoning look like, how to test for it, or what to do about it.
- Mercury has a slow onset that can take years to fully manifest. Therefore, the decision in 1991/92 to change the vaccine schedule did not start to show up in the autism figures until 1995/1996, creating confusion and uncertainty.
- By the time the epidemic was in full stride, those in positions of power seem to have suffered from denial, self-protection, and self-interest. Unfortunately, these traits have been exhibited throughout American history. Think asbestos, lead, alar, and Vioxx, to name only a few.