CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fasting dog for cancer?

Views: 2,564
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 369,653

Re: Fasting dog for cancer?

I have read your reasoning, and even though some people agree with you, I still consider it abuse. You assume that the dog would rather try holistic health practices than die of cancer. Unfortunately, in nature, most animals do not even get cancer... so we have no clue what is a 'natural' treatment for them. In all honesty, most animals I have witnessed who have cancer, have simply stopped eating, made themselves as comfortable as possible, and sat down to die. They don't harbor our human fear of death, and simply do what instinct tells them to do. Nowhere in nature does a dog juice fast. Dogs are carnivores, who eat some plants for the roughage they provide. I think that applying human holistic practices to a captive animal is the equivalent of feeding a diseased human on a diet composed only of bamboo, citing that pandas do not get diabetes.
The animal cannot give its consent-- that is the bottom line. If my cat doesn't feel like eating, I don't blend her food up and force feed her. If she is hungry, I don't withhold her food. Animals generally do what they are supposed to do for themselves. If your dog is still eating, it probably SHOULD still be eating. And if it dies of the cancer, without the dog seeming to try to help itself, I would say that the animal sensed it could not do anything about it and simply wanted to stay comfortable.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.907 sec, (1)