CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Starting "Fast" need support

Views: 932
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 369,167

Re: Starting "Fast" need support

Rollingearthsong,

First I would like to say I like your name choice, it is beautiful. :) Second, I too have been trying to eat as much raw food as possible, and it does indeed make me feel better. One thing I have noticed is... I think I am so used to 'failing', that my mind can't wrap itself around the fact that success is within reach! For instance-- I have discovered that I ADORE raw okra. However, for some reason when I go to the fridge to eat some, I hesitate and this voice tells me 'ewww, you're picking icky raw veggies instead of that ice cream? Come on now, you can't possibly be telling me you LIKE it.' But I do! It's like, now that I really do like healthy food, I have to re-train my responses. Before, when I tried to change my habits I would eliminate my favorite junk foods and then try to eat healthy foods instead. That never worked for me, because I was getting a double negative-- 1) I was missing out on my favorite stuff!! and 2) I had not yet developed a 'taste' for vegetables and plain fruit. So now I have negative associations with eating healthy. But this time it is different, becuase I started out not -removing- things from my diet-- I added the healthy things on top of the junk food and now find myself wanting the healthy things. But my mind is so used to wanting that forbidden junk food that it can't seem to let it go and realize it is not being deprived.

Another thing is that when I eat only raw food, I can't handle eating as much in one sitting. So as a consequence I think I don't eat enough and then I wind up craving calories-- and junk food offers plenty of them. I have discovered that bananas are my personal way to combat this. I wish I could eat avacados because they're another higher calorie raw food, but alas, I am allergic :(

I would love to exchange stories and experience throughout this ordeal. Since we are both wanting the raw transition perhaps we could help each other. I am going to the store today to buy a raw food cookbook that I had been reluctant to purchase because it cost $35.. but come on , I used to spend that much in one day on junk food!! :)

-S

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.375 sec, (2)